Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is a premium wine company that is proud to call Washington State our home. We are a collection of distinctive wine estates and maker of some of the finest wines in the world because we value our vineyards and the art of wine-making. This focus has resulted in our ability to offer our consumers extraordinary and distinctive wines from some of the best regions in the world.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for an Chain Business Development Manager to join our team in Seattle, WA (Pacific West Region).
This position is responsible for processing payments on time in accordance to Altria Financial Policies and SMWE Policies and Procedures. This includes preparation and matching invoices (ensuring all applicable discounts are taken), data entry of vouchers, processing weekly payment runs, responding to inquiries from vendors, employees, and others. This position is also responsible for performing special projects as necessary.
In this role, you will:
* Ability to merchandise and build creative displays.
* Conduct tastings and demos in key accounts
* Effectively partner with Distributors to meet business goals.
* Effectively manage buying relationships with key accounts in order to achieve case sales and distribution objective within budgetary guidelines in order to meet Region profit contribution objectives.
* Conduct sales meetings and training sessions for wholesaler's sales teams/management staff.
* Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to distributor network, the trade and consumers in the assigned territory.
* Participate in the preparation of the annual business plan for all sales, marketing, budgetary, production and communication needs necessary to meet case volume and profit contribution for the upcoming calendar year.
* Create sell sheets and/or presentations catered to customers.
* Be a change agent by constantly challenging the status quo and be able to motivate yourself and your team to break down barriers to success and continually improve business processes with on and off premise customers.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
* 3 Years Distributor and/or Supplier experience preferred.
* Proven track record of strong sales skills in previous/current work experience.
* Knowledge of key trade account buyers buying and promotional practices and operational procedures.
* Knowledge of wine industry (including Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio and primary competitors) and estimated sales trends for wine and beverage alcohol categories.
* Understanding of consultative sales process.
* Working knowledge of wines/spirits from world's major viticulture regions.
* Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
* High level of proficiency with MS Office.
* Available for company related travel.
* Able to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid driver's license.
* History of responsible use of alcohol and other appropriate conduct, as well as fitness to be licensed, permitted, and/or certified by state and/or local regulatory bodies.
We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health insurance, participation in our pension 401k programs and incentive compensation programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at 425-###-####.