Senior Microsoft Solutions Architect (SLED) - TSD
You bring your expertise in Microsoft technologies, we have the passion for empowering IT teams and end users in the public sector. Together, let's enable digital transformation in the State, Local Government, Education, and Tribal Gaming organizations!
As a Microsoft Solution Architect (SLED) for TSD, you are in a unique position to provide thought leadership and make an impact in transforming and modernizing the U.S. public sector by helping IT teams unleash their potential using the right set of tools and technologies. Whether it's all in the cloud or in a hybrid environment, your expertise in Microsoft technologies, coupled with a passion for quality customer engagement ensures that the solutions you architect in the Microsoft cloud is designed to drive agility, productivity, and security in today's computing landscape.
You are a change agent, undeterred by roadblocks and driven by a clear vision of how you can translate the customer's needs into actionable strategies. You build strong relationships based on trust and thrive in an environment where learning is ongoing and leading means serving.
As a solutions architect for one of North America's top Microsoft solutions providers, you take pride in delivering innovative, business-driven value the Softchoice brand has come to represent.
As our Microsoft Solutions Architect, you will:
Provide deep technical insights: You act as a bridge between our sales people and the customer to bring up-to-date insights on Microsoft technologies, industry trends and the competition. You translate marketing fluff and technical jargon into compelling, concrete insights. You will also be presenting and hosting learning workshops in person and over the phone with business leaders from the C-Level down, to drive sales and practice the art of the possible.
Challenge customers: Use your skills, insight and experience to tell your clients what they need to do, not just what they want. You must be able to challenge their beliefs with well-researched, tailored insights, bringing in creative and business-savvy solutions that drive the sale and maximize outcomes.
Scope work and proposals: You use exceptional written and verbal communications skills to scope, assemble and propose solutions. A hands-on role, you must be able to act under pressure and show wisdom and leadership, often for an audience of top tier executives.
Drive market revenue: Apply your business acumen to help maximize profitability in the public sector with Microsoft technologies through POCs, pilots, and deployments to devices and accessories sales to positioning the value proposition of managed services. Design solutions that not only leverage the value proposition of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 but also drive consumption and adoption.
Mentor and coach junior sales professionals: You find satisfaction in seeing people grow from the insights and guidance you shared. You can rally people to a cause even when they don't have direct reporting relationship to you.
As our ideal candidate you'll also have:
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years relevant industry experience; 3+ years in a pre-sales capacity
- You must also have a broad understanding of core Microsoft cloud technologies and services, including Azure IaaS and Office 365, and core Microsoft server technologies, including Active Directory, Exchange, Windows Server, System Center (SCCM, SCOM, SCSM)
- Extra credit for also having a mastery of one or more of the following: EMS/Intune, Skype for Business (including Skype PBX), Microsoft Teams, and SQL.
- Even more extra credit for a background in networking protocols and server/compute hardware solutions.
- Solid expertise in Microsoft cloud and server technologies
- Advanced business acumen with the ability to understand the ins and outs of our customer's challenges
- Exceptional communication and personal skills, both written, verbal and while presenting to groups, including C-level executives
- Proven ability to mentor and train junior and intermediate level sales professionals
- Solid understanding of the commercial IT market for hardware and software
- Strong analytical skills are required
- Self-managed and motivated individual with strong leadership skill
Please note, this position requires you to travel up to 50% of your time to regularly meet with customers, Microsoft representatives and take part in industry and public sector events.
How Do We Hire Great People?
We believe in matching the right people for the right role. Once you've applied for a position, our team of Talent Advisors will review your resume and application against all open roles at Softchoice. We also keep in mind any future or upcoming roles you may be a fit for. As part of our selection, onboarding and development process, we utilize tools to help us better match candidates with our roles.
Applying for a role at Softchoice is not complete until you have completed both the formal online application and the PredictiveIndex tool (PI). Completing the PI tool will take no more than 10 minutes of your time.
If we see a match with your skills and our open roles, we will reach out to you to schedule time to talk so that we can learn more about you and you can learn about us. Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
Need more convincing this is the right next step in your career? Here are the reasons why folks love working here!
- Softchoice has been recognized as a Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute for 13 consecutive years
- Softchoice certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States (2016)
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Being part of a winning, high performance team
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We serve large and mid-sized clients from a variety of industries
- We've raised over $2 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise. Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
*Softchoice is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please let us know in your application or reach out to ...@softchoice.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Associated topics: architecture, c, c/c++, design pattern, develop, java, lead, perl, php, project architect