Track and manage required student data for local, state, and federal reporting. Provide assistance to staff, schools, and departments with accountability and data systems.
High school education or equivalent and 2 years of experience in computers and database programs, and
working with students/parents; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which
demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties. Requires fluent computer
literacy and ability to learn software.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to assist with student registration, transfers, and meet deadlines.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
Must have effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical
information to non-technical audiences. Ability to display empathy and positive regard for others in
written, verbal and non-verbal communications. Work effectively with colleagues and students by
practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress
or demanding workplace conditions. Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings,
reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility. Ability to make decisions,
without supervision within position authority, that impact the results of co-workers, families or the district.
Ability to determine tasks, priorities, and goals, be exact or highly accurate, Requires meeting strict deadlines.
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Typical office environment with telephone, computer, fax, photocopy machine.
Requires sitting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, repetitive movement,
contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), face-to-face discussions with individuals or
teams, writing letters and memos, competition or awareness of competitive pressures. Physical or mental
activities are repeated over and over,
Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. May need to travel to
school sites during student registration using district vehicle. Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people. Requires work with others in a group or team,
Essential Job Functions:
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District. Current essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Manage coordination of data collection from all sites, and monitor data quality and integrity.
* Develop processes and procedures for data collection. Create and securely store data backups.
* Enter with accuracy (as mistakes can have serious consequences and are not easily fixed) and scan received data on student demographics, assessments, goals, goal revisions, attendance, and updates into local and state data programs.
* Analyze data for accuracy and program improvement.
* Coordinate collection plan to obtain data from appropriate staff.
* Process student registrations and input them into databases.
* Enter and repair student records, including correcting incompletes, inconsistencies, and duplicates.
* Offer assistance to students, schools, and staff as needed. Create and use reports within relevant program data tables, forms, and queries. Modify reports for comparison of data (Access, Excel, etc.). Update programs as required.
* Follow state guidelines that establish timelines for data entry.
* Create and produce reports to be used by staff to assist with instructional analysis or individual student information requests.
* Provide documents and inform staff of policies and procedures.
* Update documents as necessary. Post important documents on shared drive; distribute copies as needed.
* Meet state determined data submission deadlines, and any other information requested by the New Mexico Public Education Department
* Act as local resource or liaison as needed for program improvement. Attend meetings and trainings to keep informed, discuss issues, and make recommendations.
* Communicate with and receive assistance from technical support regarding database irregularities.
* Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality.
* Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness.
* Begins and completes work within the allotted time.
* Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment.
* Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/ special application.
* Protects the District's resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment.
* Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury.
Associated topics: art, early education, gs 1702, instructor, lecturer, professor, student, substitute teacher, trainer, tutor