Machinery Sales Company (MASCO) is more than a distributorof machine tools. Our extensive lines of state of the art, high quality machinetools, combined with applications assistance, training, and top notch customerservice makes MASCO a premier manufacturing solution provider. Our business isexpanding and we are seeking a qualified Sales Engineer to develop and grow ourbusiness in Southern California.
The primary responsibilities include:
* Build relationships with prospective customers, as well asexisting customers through consultative selling of CNC Machine Tool productsand services.
* Grow new and existing accounts by selling a well-balancedmix of product lines within the following technology categories: AbrasiveWaterjet, CNC Machine Tools (Milling and Turning)
* Plan and perform customer sales calls, assess customerneeds, prepare customer quotes, close orders and follow up on all relatedactivities.
* Provide coverage of assigned accounts and build strongrelationships with new and existing customers identifying and respondingpromptly to their needs.
* Inform customers of available products by anticipatingtheir needs and introducing new products.
* Develop a deeper knowledge of MASCO products on acontinuous basis by attending related training sessions to enhance sales andpresentation skills.
* 3+ years Experience in Sales is preferred
* 3+ years Engineering experience / knowledge with aBachelor's degree preferred
* Self-motivated, high energy sales talent who possessesexcellent customer relations/sales skills, technical automation problem solvingcapabilities, as well as a proven successful sales career.
* Strong technical background coupled with the desire for apeople oriented position and a strong professional sales drive.
* Engineering degree preferred but will consider a businessdegree, or previous experience/success in the Manufacturing Industry. (CNCMachine Tool or Cutting Tool Sales.)
* Ability to evaluateproduct applications and assist customers with product scope, technicaldescription, proposals and project management.
* Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems related to machining.Knowledge of comparable MASCO product lines.
* Interest in using technical knowledge and relationshipbuilding skills to sell and manage a sales territory.
* Ability to work independently, possessing excellentorganizational, communication and time management skills.
* Ability to travel to off site business and customerlocations.
Associated topics: architect, building, engineer, field service, lab, physician, sales applications engineer, sales engineer, solution engineer, spinal