Manager, Database Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Join COUNTRY Financial as a manager of our Database Engineering
team! Combining excellent leadership and technical expertise, you'll lead projects that involve new technologies or that integrate multiple technologies and business critical systems.
The person in this role provides leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management, preparation of budgets, schedules and feasibility studies. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems. May be involved in planning and coordinating all aspects of projects specific to their respective area of assignment. Utilizes subject matter knowledge of user group for practical application of system characteristics. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Responsibilities:
Job Requirements:Preferred Qualifications:
- Provides leadership by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- Experience with leading big and fast data technologies like Cassandra, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark.
- Experience with cloud based deployments.
- Experience with AWS database or Azure database cloud services and architecture.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of information technology or related experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 6 years of information technology or related experience OR,
- At least 10 years of information technology or related experience.
- At least 2 years of management experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers.COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Loading some great jobs for you...