Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Facebook or Twitter.
**Technical Specialist II - Optical**
**What you'll do:**
* Build custom optical measurement setups.
* Operate optical instrumentation such as Interferometers, Theodolites, Laser Trackers, etc.
* Work with teams of engineers to perform development, integration, alignment, and test activities on optical systems.
* Work in a team environment with other optical engineers to develop and implement novel state of the art methods for the alignment, integration, and test of space-based systems.
* Make measurements and analyze data using basic math skills.
* Produce data packages and reports using Microsoft Office tools.
* Work in a cross disciplinary environment with engineers and technicians from other engineering fields.
* Work in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
**What you'll need:**
* High School diploma or equivalent and 14 or more years of experience, or a two-year technical degree plus 12 or more years' experience.
* Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Experience outside of aerospace will be considered if related skills are strong.
* Knowledge of GD&T;
* Experience working from concept through delivery of spaceflight rated hardware including data analysis and report generation
* Multi-disciplined technical skills relevant to the build of optical systems (e.g. bonding, mechanical assembly, electrical wiring, precision cleaning, understanding of machining capabilities, space craft integration, etc.)
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Proficiency with MS Office tools.
* Current Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with a current favorable single scope background investigation is desired but not required. The ability to obtain such a clearance is required
* Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access to classified/sensitive material. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance or government customer access within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. *US Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
**US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED**
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
*Job Title:* Technical Specialist II-Optical (666199)
*Job ID:* 666199
*Location:* CO - Boulder
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
Associated topics: eye, optometric, optometry, sme, tpa