We Are Hiring
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse?
IF so, join our amazing team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
Why join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes nurses have embodied the spirit and mission of the hospital by providing excellence in nursing practice with quality patient-and-family centered care.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
What you will do:
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the next step in your nursing career, we d like to invite you to take it with us. Join our team of over 800 physicians and 3,000 nurses and associates working in a wide variety of specialties every day to provide the best care in the Baltimore area.
- As a Saint Agnes RN, you will have the opportunity to implement and monitor your patient s care plans, including monitoring, recording and communicating patient conditions as appropriate.
- In your role, you will serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, along with notating and carrying out physician and nursing orders.
- Towards the end of your patient s hospital stay, you will also assess and coordinate your patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Shift and facility information:
St. Agnes Emergency Department
Home of the world s first Chest Pain Emergency Department as well as a Pediatric Emergency Department, the Emergency Department at Saint Agnes Hospital is a wonderful next step for your nursing career! Our ED has several areas. All of our RNs are cross-trained!
Adult: 21-beds with emergency services for the adult patient. Nurses in the Adult Emergency Department are proud to be part of the healthcare team along with physicians, technicians and ancillary departments that keep the patients as the central focus of care
Pediatric: 9-bed area that is dedicated to providing care centered around the age-specific needs of the pediatric patient and their family
Chest Pain: 7-bed area nurses are trained to recognize and respond to the need of the cardiac patient. The collaboration with Cardiac Catheterization Lab and Critical Care keeps the patient as the center of our focus
Senior: 7-bed area where nurses are trained to meet the unique care needs of patients over the age of 65
Rapid Medical Evaluation: Nurses provide care to our low acuity patients requiring emergency services
Intensive Care: 16-bed unit providing quality nursing care to patients in critical conditions using state-of-the-art technology. Nurses collaborate with multiple disciplines, while maintaining autonomy, in order to foster the best patient outcomes.
- 24 hours per week / part time benefit eligible
- Mid shift 11A-11:30PM
St. Agnes Hospital:
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Need
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition Compact State obtained prior to hire date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Registered Nurse specializing in Emergency Nursing Pediatrics preferred.
Education and Work Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- One year of Registered Nursing experience required (Willing to train but do prefer prior acute care or subacute care experience)
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care unit, neonatal, nurse rn, registered nurse, staff nurse, tcu, unit